Nature Freedom is an exciting startup improving accessibility and social inclusion for young people with disabilities and mental health to find their passions in environment and outdoor adventures. With great ambitions, we will grow regionally and nationally to effect real change in Australian’s environment. We aim to collaborate and partner with existing organisations that bring better awareness to include young people.
Our current opportunities exist in Brisbane and South-East Queensland region:
Trainee opportunity for Certificate I in Conservation and Land Management!
Nature Freedom is proud to partner with BUSY At Work for upcoming trainee program for the Bush Regeneration program at Ripley (Ipswich/Springfield region).
BUSY Women in Conservation Project
Conservation and Land Management Trainees (15)
BUSY At Work is a not-for-profit organisation providing apprenticeship, employment and community programs.
We have 40 years’ experience providing skilling solutions and services to businesses, workers and job seekers. BUSY At Work provide a wide range of services including recruitment and apprenticeship support services, employment community programs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity for fifteen (15) Conservation and Land Management Trainees to work with BUSY to improve community spaces at Providence, Ripley (Ipswich).
This is a paid 6 month Certificate I Conservation and Land Management Traineeship. At the conclusion of the Traineeship (6 months), BUSY will provide support to source ongoing employment opportunities.
- Assist in the implementation of daily operations in Providence, Ripley community areas, in accordance with the respective project plans;
- Assist with bushland restoration programs including pest and weed control, planting, propagation and processing, and restoration monitoring;
- Assist with operational tasks related to bushland & landscaped areas;
- Assist in propagation and production of plant collections;
- Use and maintain horticultural and other related equipment and machinery as required, after completing required training;
- Attend and complete requirements of approved registered training organization;
- Assist with other general duties associated in Conservation Land Management
- Actively contributes to improving teamwork.
- Operates in accordance with Busy’s policies and relevant legislation including Occupational Health and Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Undertakes other duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Recognising that this is an entry (or re-entry) level opportunity our emphasis will be on attitude to undertaking the challenge and ability to be successful (with training and experience) in an office environment
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated enthusiastic approach to day-to-day project operations;
- Keen to follow instructions of Project Supervisor;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Good communication skills and an approachable demeanor;
- Positive approach to a performance oriented culture, continuous improvement and changing work environment;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to operate in a highly ethical manner;
- Ability to undertake training as and when required by BUSY;
- Desire to be part of a growing, high achieving, successful service organisation.
HOW TO APPLY
If this is the opportunity you are looking for, please apply now – complete the Expression of Interest Form below and include your cover letter and Resume.
Please forward any applications or queries to: email@example.com
This training is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative.
Application is now CLOSED
Shortlisting and interviews starting from 12th of April 2019
Trainee program starts 29th April 2019